SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-25 23:25:37

canpolat
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Original Merchandise

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum, so I would like to start with thanking all the contributors for making #! Linux possible.

After actively trying #! for some days, and now it's my favorite Linux distribution. Then I wanted to have a nice mug for two reasons:

1. Carrying a catchy cup around gives you the chance to talk about your favorite distro and introduce it to people
2. I wanted to contribute to the project (although it would be a small start, there is no reason for it to be the last one)

Then I found the Cafe Press Shop. I also looked at the "official shop". But I must say that I was a bit disappointed with the lack of originality. Of course, I don't see designing merchandise as one of the chief tasks for the community, but I think it would be great to have a unique design for at least some of the items. I always find the mug to be the item which is more open to creativity (see the Ubuntu Mug for comparison).

I imagine, having unique items would mean having a second supplier, which could mean extra work. Don't you think it would be worth the effort?

About Me | My Blog

Every solution is an intermediate solution.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-09-25 23:32:31

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Re: Original Merchandise

What kind of "originality" are you looking for?  Any design used at Cafe Press can only be used on products that they stock there.  For example, I've always been amazed how they have about a dozen different kinds of T-shirt, but only one type of thong/g-string. roll

Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#3 2012-09-26 16:21:59

canpolat
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Re: Original Merchandise

Hi,

I was thinking of designing and selling a mug that is unique  to #!. And when I say 'design' I don't mean the design of the image that is going to be printed on a white mug, I mean the color and shape of the mug as well as the print.

I suppose this is not possible with Cafe Press. That's why I want to know what others think. Is it worth the effort of finding a second supplier who can produce and distribute unique designs...

About Me | My Blog

Every solution is an intermediate solution.

Board footer