SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-23 01:12:24

ansem_of_nexus
#! CrunchBanger

so i figured that I should introduce myself

So I have been posting in here already but never really introduced myself, so I felt that I should.

My name is Justin, I also go by Ansem and Nexus, mostly online.

When I first began dealing with linux it was at a non-profit that I volunteered myself at and they had a linux project that they were trying to start. The place was a group that refurbished computers and other electronics for resell at low prices and there motto at the time was "providing computers to anyone, as to bring them into the modern age". They did this buy selling computers and computer stuff at really low prices. I can't tell you how many computers I made that worked great and were sold for between 40 and 80 dollars most of the time. So I really enjoyed helping them, even thou most of the computers were windows and mac OSs. As I said they were trying to start a program to provid Linux computers, can you picture that a place you could get a linux machine and for almost nothing. Well while we were starting it we decided that we would need 2 linux types, 1 for high powered machines and 1 for low powered machines; the decision was made that the high powered machines would get Mint Debian and the low powered machines would get... Crunchbang! At the time I was like ok Crunchbang... whatever, but I was the one to write up how the Mint machines would be made, so that was my first taste of Linux and I was HOOKED. I was so hooked that, that night I went home and went to distro watch, where I downloaded Debian, Tiny Core and some others that I had been told about. At this time I did not download Crunchbang.

So here I was learning about Linux and the different flavors, when my boss was like hey we need to start getting this Linux thing going and you need to get 3 of both linux machines running for presentation. No big deal, so I made the machines and had no problem with the mint machines. when it came time to do the Crunchbang machines I ran into problems, so logical step go to web page for Crunchbang and this is when I saw what made me want crunchbang for myself. It is in the disclamer that it said "CrunchBang Linux could possibly make your go CRUNCH! BANG!", I was like dear god yes! and promtly downloaded it, saving it to my thumb drive. Yes I know bad me you shouldn't just work computers for personal use. I just loved the idea of a linux that was possible break even if I wasn't the one breaking it and force me to learn more and more about linux. Let it be known, so far it hasn't broke because of anything but me and that made me love it even more. One of the number 1 things I love about Crunchbang is, right out of the box it is so beautiful, great color scheme, love openbox, and out of all of the OSs I have used on my computers Crunchbang is the fastest. I even proved it to my friends that told me my P4 was a waste of time and could never never come close to their dual core windows 7, I promtly booted crunchbang in half the time and opened everything I could, as well as installed firefox and loaded like 10 youtube videos. The windows 7 responce to this was to start open a couple programs lock up and die.

so now on every low end computer I own Crunchbang will be there, even the terminal pc that was XP and debian; file server that was windows 7 are becoming crunchbang.

You can find my work here

Make everything ok button

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-09-23 02:34:11

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: so i figured that I should introduce myself

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community ansem_of_nexus, we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | SolusOS

Words That Build Or Destroy

#3 2012-09-23 21:41:33

vicshrike
#! by Default

Crunch or Bang? That is the question...the answer is welcome to #!

#!, all else is but a shadow

#4 2012-09-23 21:57:04

beadmaze
#! Junkie

i misread the headline of the post as "so i configured that I should introduce myself"...
hehehe...

WELCOME!

We are a nice, friendly community here and I hope we stay that way.

#5 2012-09-23 22:01:15

ansem_of_nexus
#! CrunchBanger

Well we could configure it in HTML so that it had a nice font, maybe a logo instead of the names of the OSs/distros and so on.

#6 2012-09-23 23:00:59

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Hello, ansem_of_nexus -- a fellow Californian here (Santa Cruz area, just northeast of SC in Felton). Welcome to CrunchBang and great story. Glad you're here and enjoy your stay.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#7 2012-09-24 03:25:56

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@beadmaze: Funny mondegreen! cool

@ansem_of_nexus:  Welcome to Club#! - "They let anybody in, but it's still the scene." wink  Have a latte, it's on the house!

Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#8 2012-09-24 04:33:11

ansem_of_nexus
#! CrunchBanger

Thank for the latte, I live in hell... There is a ban on coffee makers in this house

#9 2012-10-03 00:26:27

merelyjim
#! Die Hard
Website

ansem_of_nexus wrote:

I live in hell... There is a ban on coffee makers in this house

Sorry, man. I feel for you. I really do...
But you're using #! so thinks are looking up! smile

"When I enter a command... I expect ass to be hauled and the coffeelike aroma of hustle delicately hovering in the air." -thalassophile

My attempt at a blog; http://waitingonragnarok.blogspot.com/

#10 2012-10-03 01:55:59

ansem_of_nexus
#! CrunchBanger

merelyjim wrote:
ansem_of_nexus wrote:

I live in hell... There is a ban on coffee makers in this house

Sorry, man. I feel for you. I really do...
But you're using #! so thinks are looking up! smile

Yes I am, I have a server and desktop running it right now. At some point I will have 2 laptops running #! as well. I will be be posting their tint2 and conky hopefully soon, then I will be asking for some help in the conky thread cause I need some help doing a info section on my conky that is interactive.

Board footer