I was fiddling with my #! Statler (November 2011 ISO) as you do, can't remember what i was doing but i later noticed that the GUI Menu Editor (obmenu) was no longer working. When i selected the GUI Menu Editor from 'Menu > Settings > Openbox > GUI Menu Editor' nothing happened.
Then i selected 'Edit menu.xml' from 'Menu > Settings > Openbox > Edit menu.xml' and scrolled down until i found the following at line 380 (in mine anyway).
<item label="GUI Menu Editor"> <action name="Execute"> <execute> obmenu </execute>
I noticed that GUI Menu Editor executes 'obmenu', so i tried to run obmenu in the Terminal and got the following error:
File "/usr/bin/obmenu", line 21, in <module> import obxml, gtk, gtk.glade, gobject, random, time, os, sys ImportError: No module named obxml
I did some magic on Google and came across this:
It states that the bug is fixed in the latest version of 'obmenu' so i opened Synaptic and searched for 'obmenu', the version i had installed was something along the line of 1.0-1b (or something like that, sorry didn't note it down). I did a re-load to see if there was a newer version and there wasn't, so i enabled the SID testing repository and re-loaded. Sure enough this time there was a new version, '1.0-2', so i upgraded obmenu.
At this point i crossed my fingers and then breathed a sigh of relief when the GUI Menu Editor worked...Result!!
Sorry i couldn't remember all the fine detail but i hope this is of some help to other CrunchBangers out there.
Last edited by kri5 (2012-01-20 21:45:36)
#! Waldorf - 64bit - Xfce