SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-20 00:20:03

omns
#! wanderer

DTX Linux Script updates

Latest updates to the DTX Linux build scripts are now available. They are still based on Debian Testing and have mainly had the code cleaned up and some install options changed. The old scripts mentioned here have a few bugs in them now so I'd highly recommend using the updates smile

Edit: These scripts are no longer maintained. An archive of them can be accessed via the link in my sig.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2010-03-12 17:25:04

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Re: DTX Linux Script updates

@omns - I tried your DTX build script a little while ago.  It looks very nice and feels stable, but it runs quite a bit more slowly on my Mini than #!.

While the script was running, I noticed it pulled in Mono.  I was curious if you chose to include that, or if it was pulled in as a dependency by something.

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#3 2010-03-12 17:37:49

anonymous
The Mystery Member

Mono is pulled in by f-spot. You can modify the script if you don't like mono.

BTW looks like the next version of the DTX scripts will no longer have mono apps:

http://dtx.omnsproject.org/?p=377

Last edited by anonymous (2010-03-12 17:39:25)

#4 2010-03-12 20:22:03

omns
#! wanderer

pvsage wrote:

While the script was running, I noticed it pulled in Mono.  I was curious if you chose to include that, or if it was pulled in as a dependency by something.

Yes, that was by choice as both f-spot and banshee use mono. As anonymous has said though there is a new beta script that replaces these apps with gtk based ones.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll maintain these scripts with a new crunchbang on the way. Future development may just focus on easy install of apps and configs that don't come with it. e.g. like my preference to install OpenOffice from the OpenOfffice debs instead of the repo versions, meta package installations or easy ways to install my themes, wallpapers and configs. I'll also continue to collect scripts and configs for other distros like Arch etc.

#5 2010-03-12 20:33:32

pvsage
Internal Affairs

That's cool.  I didn't realize Banshee used mono; now I can add that to my list of reasons not to use it.  (I still don't know why Banshee was the only media player that reliably acquired album and artist art.  I wish I knew its image sources, although the Python LastFM script performs admirably.)

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#6 2010-03-12 20:48:37

omns
#! wanderer

I don't really use apps like banshee or rhythmbox on most of my Linux boxes but I thought most people might prefer a gtk based app like rhythmbox. Also, I just noticed an error in both the beta scripts when installing openoffice (if you choose that option) which has now been corrected.

#7 2010-07-03 12:33:54

steen
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Hi

Next week I'll be getting me a new state-of-the-art desktop with a Intel i5 CPU. It'll be the first Intel for me. If I wanna run this new monster as a 64 instead of 32 which netinstallimage should I use then: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ - certainly not the amd64 installer. Or what??

And omns: Can i use your 64-installer script on this Intel too??

Regards Steen

"You bow to NOone..."

#8 2010-07-03 12:43:55

omns
#! wanderer

Yes, you would use the amd64 netinstall image. I'd try the 64 bit beta version of this script. It's out of date but can be easily edited to make it do what you want. I have a new netinstall script in the pipeline but won't be working on it again until midway through next week. I'm currently away on a short break and am just making a few replies via my phone smile

#9 2010-07-03 12:54:51

steen
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Amd64 script! On a Intel CPU!??

"You bow to NOone..."

#10 2010-07-03 13:04:40

steen
#! CrunchBanger
Website

Well. I can see you're right omns. I have to use the amd64 installer. I just thought it was for AMD processors. But thanks! smile

"You bow to NOone..."

Board footer