SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-09 10:24:29

gychang
#! Junkie

automatic authentication possible on accessing partition?, how

Enjoying latest waldorf on my PC.  I have one  HD with a separate NTFS partition.  After reboot or starting the PC and when I want to access the partition it asks for authentication password.

is it possible to eliminate this and make it automatic?  I purge the gnome-keyring but no change...

thanks,

gychang

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-10-09 13:39:50

emiliolcc
Website

Re: automatic authentication possible on accessing partition?, how

Hi! I have a partition for my files and one for my OS. To mount it automatically I added the following lines to the file /home/usr_name/.config/openbox/autostart

## Mount sda3
sudo mount /path/to/dev/ /path/to/mount/ &

where /path/to/dev/ is the path of the device you want to mount (in my case it was /dev/sda3/) and /path/to/mount/ is where you want to mount it (I choosed /media/sda3/).

I'm not sure this is what you wanted as this will be done as soon as you open an OpenBox session. Maybe you were looking for a way to keep your password saved so you could log into it whenever you wanted to but I'm hoping the help above works for you!

Have a good one

EMILIO!

#3 2012-10-09 15:01:27

gychang
#! Junkie

thanks for your input, I followed your suggestion, but still asking for authentication when I click on the partition after starting.

wonder if I can bypass the password....

emiliolcc wrote:

Hi! I have a partition for my files and one for my OS. To mount it automatically I added the following lines to the file /home/usr_name/.config/openbox/autostart

## Mount sda3
sudo mount /path/to/dev/ /path/to/mount/ &

where /path/to/dev/ is the path of the device you want to mount (in my case it was /dev/sda3/) and /path/to/mount/ is where you want to mount it (I choosed /media/sda3/).

I'm not sure this is what you wanted as this will be done as soon as you open an OpenBox session. Maybe you were looking for a way to keep your password saved so you could log into it whenever you wanted to but I'm hoping the help above works for you!

Have a good one

EMILIO!

#4 2012-10-09 17:49:51

emiliolcc
Website

Have you tried adding

sudo mount /path/to/dev/ /path/to/mount/

to /etc/rc.local instead? Though one thing that might differ is that in my case I'm mounting a file system of a disk that part of it is already mounted...I wonder if you can completely mount a disk that haven't been even partially mounted...

Good luck!

EMILIO!

Last edited by emiliolcc (2012-10-09 18:00:50)

Board footer