SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-05 01:29:14

NewCityVegas
Resident Tech Reporter
Website

For techie/trekkie fans - free Star Trek Fan Films

Crunchbang used to be a fairly open community. That is why I frequent the place even though Crunchbang is no longer my favorite distro. But it seems that some folks have moved more than just their distro and forum background color to "the dark side". Specifically, I have seen more and more blatant censorship on this forum.

I previously posted in this "OFF TOPIC" subforum something that would  likely interest techie types - a free and legal collection of Star Trek Fan Films, available via bittorrent. There were no commercial links, unless you consider mentioning VLC and uTorrent to be "commercial" (I certainly do not).

My post was deleted without warning, iMO, without any real justification.

Given the recent negative direction of Crunchbang's forums, this post will likely be censored too.

However, while it lasts, for those who enjoy such things, here is essentially the same post on an "OFF TOPIC"  forum where censorship does NOT rule.

http://forum.eeeuser.com/index.php?/top … _p__753100

Last edited by NewCityVegas (2012-10-05 01:30:25)

============= You are the dreamer - and the dream =============

gooplusplus.com (goo++) --- compact web tools + 77 internet radio stations

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-10-05 01:41:26

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: For techie/trekkie fans - free Star Trek Fan Films

I am sorry you see this as censorship.  I was the moderator who removed the thread.

It was removed after several reports on it and after repeated attempts to get you to throttle down the amount of images in your posts and the size of the images.

Nothing more, nothing less. There are guidelines for image sizes that make it much easier for users with low bandwidth that frequent these forums.

Note your PM

Last edited by VastOne (2012-10-05 01:46:44)

VSIDO | SolusOS

Words That Build Or Destroy

#3 2012-10-05 01:54:41

NewCityVegas
Resident Tech Reporter
Website

Gee, I did not know we were living in the dial-up dark ages. Two fast loading (Google hosted) JPEG files at  a combined whopping total of 150KB. It will probably bring your 80186 PC to its knees. How in the devil did you ever get Crunchbang to run on that thing? big_smile

I guess that Philip aka corenominal should rename this forum "Off Topic - (super low  bandwidth only)"

Last edited by NewCityVegas (2012-10-05 02:17:36)

============= You are the dreamer - and the dream =============

gooplusplus.com (goo++) --- compact web tools + 77 internet radio stations

#4 2012-10-05 02:02:21

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

It is interesting that looking out for users who do have limited or slow connectivity is a 'wrong' thing.

I do try to listen to people when they say it hurts their monthly allowance.  This has been discussed before with you in PM's with omns.

If you have an issue with it, PM me as this is not the place to air out your frustrations.

I remind you this is a CrunchBang Forum, where we try to help people as best we can.

VSIDO | SolusOS

Words That Build Or Destroy

Board footer