MMwm is a minimal monocle window manager, with features inspired by Ratpoison
and written by modifying Dwm sources.
- Features from "Ratpoison" (banish, watcursor, prefix key)
- No tags, just one view and simple taskbar that gives a "list" of opened windows
- Without floating and tile windows modes
- For split the windows, you must use Gnu/Screen or Tmux etc..
- All window manipulation is done via keyboard (Say good-bye to the rodent)
- MMwm does not have xinerama support
- Added support for auto startup apps
Ratpoison, AntiWM, 2wm, and the text editor Gnu/Emacs.
The wm is currently in alpha stage.
Last edited by ivo (2012-09-09 16:17:55)
I'm not using it right now, what about the other people?
Edit: lol misread your post, I do use it
Last edited by Doomicide (2012-09-05 14:17:27)
Some things I noticed + a request:
- In the source-code the client typedef struct has a member isfloating, do you plan to implement floating?
- Also XWindowBorder is mentioned, why?
Could you please add an other-command similar to rp's?
Edit: Also a banish command would be nice
Last edited by Doomicide (2012-09-05 19:02:10)
XWindowBorder I have left it for now.
And I have to remove all isfloating code.
For the banish command, for now you can use swarp http://tools.suckless.org/swarp
#define BANISH "swarp \"1680\" \"1050\""
Here you go , check the last commit https://github.com/ivoarch/MMwm/commit/ … d2d7b81cd1
Tell me if it works well
Also added a cursor as RP, the cursor should change into a square when waiting for a key.
When I have more time I'll see how to remove the border and isfloting.
Last edited by ivo (2012-09-06 11:07:27)
Thanks , Warping works so far, but the window focus goes away from the current window Take your time for the rest mate.
I'm subscribing to this, ivo, keep it up, it's awesome!