Fresh install of Statler 64bit BPO, and having it print and scan using an HPLaserjet M1217 is a big issue.
Ran hplip 3.12.4.run and hp-setup to get the printer driver installed with no issues. Tesing the printer and scanner with abiword and xsane also went well. My troubles start when i attempt to print a .pdf file using the evince pdf view.
The first attempt resulted in evince processing the print request, then passing it to the printer where it hanged in the systray. A diagnosis box appeared and told me to select 'Published shared printers connected to this system' in th printer configuration menu under System in the main menu.
I did that and attempted to print one page of my pdf, which did infact print from the printer, but was unreadble do to white lines throughout the text. The lines appear to be divisions in the text, cutting the letters in half and splitting them appart vertically, rather than not printing those areas.
I'm currently attempting to print a page from another pdf, and while it's been passed to the printer from evince, it's not printing at all.
Weird thing is when i first got this printer and tested it with a different laptop running the first Statler distro, it printed without a hitch. Also the pdf file is not curropt since i can get it printed out a staples or similar office store without issue.
Someone on arch linux forums mentioned downgrading ghostscript but i don't know what that is or how to do that.
OK noticed some serrious issues going on
1) Xsane does not work worth a damn, the printer can scan a single page then hangs indefinatly untill it is hard booted
2) I noticed my CPU was running high in conky despite having no programs up and running. ps -aux showed user 'lp' was consuming 99% of my cpu. The info under 'command' was a long string of nonesnes to me but i saw sever mention of 'cups' and i assume since most things were capitilzed they were path aliases or some such (terminal-fu is weak).
The printer was powered off and the HP monitering software was quit long ago, I kill -9 the proc and cpu usaged dropped to 1%.
So yea.....no clue here other than trying to make the printer run is killing my machine.