SF98 Debian Sid Netinstall with Post-Install Scripts (Wifi-Friendly)
Table of Contents
Welcome and thank you for using my guide. This is the successor to my "manual" SF98 Debian Netinstall.
Like my previous guide, this will be a deb sid install with a semi-automatic post-install, thus saving newbies and experienced from busy work and wasted time.
For the unfamiliar, this guide is for those who love sid, CLI apps, transparency, and minimalism. Here are some screenshots.
1. I will only use unofficial Deb Sid daily buids, since they save me time from hunting down wireless drivers. I have confirmed it working with the official iso, but please use my previous guide for instructions.
2. Post-install script default WM is spectrwm, but you can install your desired wm from smxi. Please refer to my previous guide if you would like my openbox configs.
2. Post-install script 01 will do root stuff
3. Post-install script 02 will import configs and themes for installed apps
Audio - alsa-base alsa-utils
App Launcher - dmenu
Bash Completion - bash-completion
Chat Client - irssi
Diagnostics - conky htop
Display - xorg
Dropbox - nautilus-dropbox
Easy Mount USB - pmount
File Managers - mc ranger
Flash Support - flashplugin-nonfree
Image/Wallpaper Manager - feh
Media Player - mplayer2
Night Eye Care - redshift
Screenshot - scrot
Window Manager - spectrwm
Terminal - rxvt-unicode
Torrent Client - rtorrent
Web Browser - luakit
Extra Fonts - xfonts-terminus fonts-vlgothic fonts-inconsolata
1. Unofficial Debian Sid daily build Netinstall iso
2. 256mb usb stick (or bigger)
3. Internet access (wifi/wired)
Flash the deb sid netinstall iso to usb stick via whatever method you prefer. Here are some suggestions
Windows: Linux Live USB Creator
1. Go through standard Deb Netinstallation via Expert Install
-Do not setup package manager, sources or install any software
-It will be done post-install by post-install scripts
1. Login as root
2. Download sfpi_01.sh, chmod it, run it, then delete it when done
wget -Nc [url]http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14800/sfpi/sfpi_01.sh[/url] && chmod +x sfpi_01.sh && ./sfpi_01.sh rm sfpi_01.sh
sfpi_01 is done when it tells you to login as regular user, but be sure to read the output as it installs.
4. Login as regular user
5. Download sfpi_02.sh, chmod it, run it, then delete it.
wget -Nc http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14800/sfpi/sfpi_02.sh
6. Enjoy your awesome box and share this guide with everyone.
1. Manual SF98 Debian Netinstall - Has just about everything you need to know about configs and installation.
rhowaldt - Thanks for reading through my scripts
Woot/comment off what you would like in the guide/scripts.
Last edited by sunfizz98 (2015-01-23 21:09:18)
cool stuff Sunfizz! i won't be using it myself because i'd like to get a better understanding of what sid is all about before actually making a switch, and i'd like to set it up myself, manually. still, if you know how it works etc, this distro is nice to have. looks good, very minimal, great!