SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-23 17:42:35

fredbird67
#! Junkie

[SOLVED] Can't use ALT-TAB to cycle among programs in Xfce

I just installed Statler Xfce yesterday and I've run into a little problem:  I can't seem to use ALT-TAB to cycle between open programs.  I looked around on this forum and also looked in /home/me/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml and found the following:

<property name="&lt;Alt&gt;Tab" type="empty"/>

Obviously, that's not right.  What's the magic word to restore the desired functionality?  I've been using that keyboard shortcut for years and nothing happening when I activate that key combination is driving me crazy.  If someone could help me out here, I would really appreciate it.

Thanx in advance,
Fred in St. Louis

Last edited by fredbird67 (2010-10-23 23:58:27)

Just who is General Failure and what's he doing reading my hard drive?

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2010-10-23 18:02:42

fredbird67
#! Junkie

Re: [SOLVED] Can't use ALT-TAB to cycle among programs in Xfce

More information:  I also tried going into the Xfce settings, Window Manager, the "Keyboard" tab, and it even lists "Cycle windows", with the keyboard shortcut being "<Alt>Tab".  Yet, whenever I try that, it's acting ONLY as straight Tab, without the <Alt> modifier working and it's lying worse than a politician! LOL  Also, I've tried switching out keyboards too, and that doesn't help, either.

#3 2010-10-23 18:10:22

jollysnowman
#! CrunchBanger

Is your system recognizing Alt as the correct key? In other words, if you run xev, pressing the left or right Alt key should show as "Alt_L" or "Alt_R".

#4 2010-10-23 18:19:52

fredbird67
#! Junkie

OK, I've also got my main computer on which I plan to switch from Linux Mint to Statler (Clement Lefebvre is very anti-Israel, as evidenced by a now-infamous post from last year on his blog, and as a Christian, I'm definitely a supporter of Israel), and it showed up as Alt_L and Alt_R.  But on this one, for some funny reason, it's showing up as "ISO_Level3_Shift".  Obviously, that's not right.  How does one correct that?

#5 2010-10-23 23:58:09

fredbird67
#! Junkie

Well, never mind.  Since I only installed Statler yesterday, I just simply did a complete re-install.  That, of course, is a radical way of doing it, but hey, it works...

Board footer